I concocted these a few years ago and they are the perfect treat for a camping excursion. One of my favorite camping recipes for snack time, these bars are chock full of good stuff – whole grain cereal, almonds, cranberries, oats and more. Cook up a batch before you leave, let is sit overnight and watch your campers gobble it down.
If there’s one thing that’s right in this world, it’s the divine treat that is Nutella. This hazelnut & cocoa spread is a worldwide favorite, so why not figure out how to get it together with another worldwide favorite: the s’more! This take on the gourmet s’more will be sure to please any Nutella fanatic… and anyone else, for that matter!
This is one of the easiest and (for me) most nostalgia-inducing unique s’mores recipes we’ve come up with to date. I’m usually a big snob when it comes to cookies – they’ve got to be homemade… that is until it comes to the Keebler Elves Fudge Stripes cookies. I’m a sucker for those cookies and when a good friend casually mentioned they’d make good s’mores, it was like a revelation from the heavens! The firm shortbread cookie already drenched in chocolate is the perfect holder for an ooey, gooey marshmallow!
Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Now that we’ve got the dutch oven, we’re pumped to try all sorts of dessert camp recipes. For our first go-round in the dessert category we didn’t stray too far from our first love… gourmet s’mores. Only this time we’re dropping the graham crackers and picking up the tortillas. Be sure to include the Golden Grahams when you make this recipe… it adds a nice crunch to every bite!
S’mores’adilla Gourmet S’mores
- 2 Tortillas (we like the flavor of whole wheat tortillas, but use whatever you’ve got)
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Chocolate Chips (or if you’ve got spicy Mexican chocolate, give that a whirl)
- Golden Grahams
- Stoke your campfire until the coals are nice and hot.
- Away from the coals, spray the dutch oven with a non-stick spray. Place one tortilla in the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Cover the tortilla with a layer of mini marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and Golden Grahams on top of the marshmallows.
- Cover the marshmallow mixture with the remaining tortilla. Put the lid on the dutch oven and place on the coals for 5 minutes.
- Remove the dutch oven from the fire and slide out the s’mores’adilla with a spatula. Cut into 4 pieces and enjoy!
Check out this Dutch Oven and Recipe Book at amazon.com.
Spring is here and with Easter right around the corner, now’s the time to gather ’round the campfire and put all those neon colored Peeps to good use! Here’s our take on an Easter classic… gourmet s’mores style.
Easter Gourmet S’mores
- Peeps (pick your color!)
- Dark chocolate of your choice (we used Pear Almond Dark Chocolate from Whole Foods – sounds weird… tastes a-m-a-z-i-n-g)
- Graham crackers
- Light up the campfire
- Tear open your box of Peeps.
- Skewer the birds
- Toast the marshmallow’y fowl over the fire until warm and gooey
- Sandwich the Peep between the chocolate and graham cracker
- Allow a few minutes for the toasty peep to melt the chocolate… Take a bite and enjoy your colorful Easter dessert!