Summertime = Corn on the Cob time… add in some Mexi flavoring and you’ve got the perfect side dish for your next camping meal. A campfire, a few seasonings and as many ears of corn as you can handle are all that you need for this easy and delicious Southwestern Corn on the Cob foil packet recipe.
Camp Recipe: Cheesy Southwestern Corn on the Cob
- Corn on the Cob, husks and silk strands removed
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (if you can find grated Cotija cheese, you can use that instead)
- Lime Wedges
- Lay out a piece of foil long enough to wrap the corn in a couple of times.
- Place corn on the foil. Lather with butter then sprinkle with salt, chili powder, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes if you’re including those. Be sure all sides are coated evenly with butter and seasonings. Sprinkle with grated parmesan on all sides of the corn.
- Roll corn up in the foil and place in campfire or grill grate. Let cook for 20 minutes, with a quarter turn every 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire. Open up foil with caution – it’ll be steamy!
- Give a generous squeeze of from the lime wedge so that the corn is lightly coated. Don’t skip this step – it really brings out the flavor!
- Throw on some corn ear holders and get to eatin’!