Beef Stew has always been a favorite camping meal of mine. It’s a good, hearty meal to end a day of hiking with.
- 1 c. Beef Stew meat, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 3/4 c. Potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 - 1/2 c. Baby Carrots
- 1/4 - 1/2 c. Frozen Peas
- 1/4 c. Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine
- Make a large double-layer of foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray to keep things from sticking.
- Place the potato chunks on the foil.
- Place the beef stew meat on the potatoes.
- Layer the veggies on the potatoes and beef.
- Pour the Red Wine on the mixture, pour some more in a glass for yourself.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Wrap and seal the aluminum foil. Leave room in the packet to allow air to flow through as it cooks.
- Cook on hot coals for 25 minutes, flip about half-way through. Leave on longer if your beef is in bigger chunks.
- Open with caution – there will be plenty of steam.
- Serve over some hot, Buttery Biscuits. Enjoy!
(c) 2013 MarkingMyTerritory.com