Camp Recipe: Thin Mint S’more for National S’mores Day
Today is National S’mores Day(!!) and, in part, we have the Girl Scouts to thank for it. They may not have been the first ones to come up with the s’more, but the Girl Scouts were the first ones to put the recipe in their 1927 in cookbook. Since then, basic s’mores have evolved into gourmet s’mores. Check out our collection of gourmet s’mores recipes to find some of the ways we’ve gotten creative with this campside classic.
In honor of the Girl Scouts (and whoever was clever enough to establish National S’mores Day), we thought up the Thin Mint S’more for this month’s gourmet s’mores recipe.
Thin Mint Gourmet S’more
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Mint Chocolate Squares (we LOVED the way the gooey center of Ghiradelli’s Dark & Mint Squares melded with the marshmallow, but Andes or kind of mint chocolate will work)
- Stoke up a fire and grab your skewers.
- Stick your desired number of marshmallows on the skewer and toast to desired doneness.
- Place the mint chocolate square on the chocolate graham cracker. Sandwich the melty marshmallow on top of the mint chocolate square.
- Top with the chocolate graham cracker – let sit for a few minutes to let the chocolate melt just a bit. Sit back and enjoy.