July 2, 2012 in Camp Recipes
In honor of the 4th of July, we thought we’d experiment with an American classic for this month’s gourmet s’more recipe: the Apple Pie. Crisp graham crackers, marshmallow, melted caramel and a baked apple come together for one of our most unique gourmet s’mores recipes (and it’s patriotic, too!)… and you’ll love the smell of cinnamon apple coming from the campfire!
Apple Pie Gourmet S’mores Recipe
Baked Apple Ingredients
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- Baked apple, sliced
- Caramel pieces
- Graham crackers
- To make the Baked Apple, core an apple and place it on a square of aluminum foil.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. Cut up butter into small pieces and toss into the brown sugar mixture. Fill cored apple sugar mixture, butter and walnuts (optional).
- Wrap foil around apple and bake for 15 – 20 minutes on hot coals (longer depending on size of apple).
- Remove apple from camp fire and open with caution – it will be steamy. Slice once it’s cooled slightly.
- Meanwhile, toast marshmallow and warm the caramel pieces on skewer over fire until slightly gooey.
- Place the apple slices on the graham cracker. Top with caramel and marshmallow. Cap it off with the other graham cracker. Now get ready to indulge in the most patriotic s’more you’ve ever enjoyed!