Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches aren’t just for a street vendor on a busy downtown corner anymore. With this camp recipe, you can bring this urban delight straight to your camp site.
Camp Recipe: Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- 1/4 - 1/3 sirloin steak, cut into 1/2" strips
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper (black pepper or seasoned pepper)
- Hoagie roll or bun
- Make large double layer square of foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place onions and peppers on the foil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer steak on top of onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap and seal the aluminum foil. Leave room in the packet to allow air to flow through as it cooks.
- Cook on hot coals or a covered grill for 15 – 20 minutes. Flip about half-way through.
- Open with caution – there will be plenty of steam and ooey, gooey cheese.
- Slide the steak, pepper and cheese mixture onto the hoagie roll. Sprinkle with any remaining cheese and enjoy this easy recipe for camping!
(c) 2013 MarkingMyTerritory.com