Does anything scream Potluck Dinner quite like Green Bean Casserole? With this foil packet recipe, there’s no need to wait for a church dinner to indulge in this Americana classic – now you can make it while sitting next to a roaring fire.
Green Bean Casserole
- 12 oz. frozen green beans
- 3 – 4 new potatoes, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/3 – 1/2 C. Cream of Mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 – 2 teaspoons butter
- Spray the foil sheet with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place green beans and potatoes on the foil. Dollop the cream of mushroom soup and butter on top of the beans and potatoes. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Fold and seal foil packet. Don’t seal it too tightly, leave a little room in the packet for air to flow back and forth within the packet. If you’re putting the packet directly on coals, add a second layer of foil to keep it from tearing while in the coals.
- Place on coals for 15 minutes or on a covered grill for 20 minutes.
- When opening the packet, be careful – there will be A LOT of steam, so open with caution… Serve and enjoy!