Camp Recipes – The Campfire Gourmet: Baked Cinnamon Apples
Nate knew that our first camping excursion could’ve been a make-or-break experience for introducing me to the great outdoors, so he took every step to make sure it’d be a great experience… with special attention to our camping meals. And boy did he make a good call on that… no hot dogs on a stick for us. Ever since that first trip when we threw foil packets of Peppered Chicken with Roasted Rosemary & Garlic Potatoes & Peas on the campfire, finding great camping recipes has been a top priority.
That’s why we’re creating a new section of the blog dedicated to great camp recipes… because a long day of hiking deserves a great reward.
Baked Cinnamon Apples
These Baked Cinnamon Apples are the perfect treat on a cool night after a long day on the trails. By chopping up the butter and blending it with the brown sugar, the flavors glaze both the inside and outside of the apple, making every bite like a mini-apple pie.
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- Chopped pecans (optional)
- Raisins (optional)
- Aluminum foil
- Core an apple and place it on a square of aluminum foil.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut up butter into small pieces and toss into the brown sugar mixture.
- Fill cored apple brown sugar mixture, pecans, raisins.
- Wrap foil around it and bake for 15 – 20 minutes on hot coals.