Trail Rating Criteria
Guidebooks provide readers with pretty good overviews of the trails, but sometimes they miss a few things, so this blog is here to highlight some trail aspects that we think are worthwhile.
Ratings are based out of a 1 to 5 scale, with 1 = Lameville and 5 = Awesometown.
- Scenery: Views, special features and whatnots.
- Difficulty: Noting any especially difficult spots or issues.
- Length: mileage
- Ezrability (the Dog Friendly Factor): As a dog owner, I’ve also found that certain trails are much more dog friendly than others, which we learned the hard way after an my 90 lb mutt, Ezra, had a solid freakout session in the middle of a suspension bridge at Fall Creek Falls. Ezrability rates the dog friendliness of trails and highlights any notable features or problems.
- Convenience: Based on distance from Nashville, TN and highlighting any issues with roads or directions.
- Bonus Funtimes: Extra good times, activities & good eats that are along the way.